How To Create A Great Podcast Show Interview With JLD “Entrepreneurs On Fire”
John Lee Dumas (JLD) is the Founder & Host of Entrepreneurs On Fire, as award-winning podcast show inspiring Entrepreneurs on their entrepreneurial journey.
JLD has interviewed over 2,000 incredible Entrepreneurs including Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferris and many more.
JLD’s goal is to deliver inspiration and strategies to FIRE UP your entrepreneurial journey and create the life you’ve always dreamed of.
JLD once was in a Bollywood movie and another time he won a car on The Price Is Right TV series! Learn more about JLD and visit: https://www.eofire.com/about/
Learn More About JLD
Subscribe: Apple | Google | Spotify | Sticher | Buzzsprout
3 Value Takeaways:
- Keep it simple
- Be consistent
- Be a person of value and give great value
How To Create A Great Podcast Show with John Lee Dumas (JLD)
[2:41] – What is something that JLD hasn’t shared with Fire Nation?
- Nothing. He shares everything, he’s completely transparent with his listeners! So no surprises here folks.
[3:57] – What is the essence of a really good podcast?
- Solve one specific problem the listeners needs a solution for by the end of the episode. Have 1 big value bomb.
[6:00] – How do you turn a show into a movement/community?
- It doesn’t happen day 1. It happens by providing free, value based content on a consistent basis over a long period of time. This can take many months. Be committed, keep showing up, put in the effort, you’ll get better every episode with good value, good content, good quality, good audio, good focused questions. Your audience needs to love the episode and get to know, like and trust you as the host.
[8:06] – What’s your advice with sticking it out?
- Life is short, precious, fleeting and fragile. What are you waiting for?! This is the time to move forward, don’t get overwhelmed, keep it simple, it’s not easy but it’s simple.
- If you have two columns and one is for passion and the other is your expertise, how can you marry them together? This will keep you focused on sharing your knowledge, value, and expertise on a daily basis – your zone of fire!
[10:65] – How do you keep on top of it all?
- One day at a time, one step at a time. Like Martin Luther King said “you don’t have to see the whole staircase. You don’t have to have a 3, 5, 7 year plan, get started and the fog will dissipate, especially at the moment.
[12:52] – How do you go about sourcing and securing so many fabulous people to interview?
- It was hard work, but when you hit a tipping point and people reach out to you it can start to snowball, though it always takes time. The tipping point is always there.
[15:04] – JLD’s parting words:
- JLD’s favourite quote that helped turn around his world is by Albert Einstein: “Try not to become a person of success but a person of value.” What have you done that’s been of value to the world? Everything can change. What are you doing in your life that can be of value?
Empowering Resources For You From Us:
That’s 1 Hour of Sonia’s time + 3 Business Tools in PDF format to organise yourself, your
staff and your social media + 3 Training Videos on how to use the PDF tools + 1 Business
Coaching video to keep you focused and motivated!