Entrepreneur & Podcast Host Tips & Strategies Interview With James Whittaker
James Whittaker was born in Australia and currently resides in Los Angeles, California. After a successful 10-year career in financial planning where he ran a company with more than $2 billion under management, James began his own entrepreneurial journey. Today, he draws on his diverse experience to help people reach their potential in all areas of their lives.
James has been featured extensively in television, print and digital media around the world, including The Today Show, Entrepreneur, Money Magazine, and The Sydney Morning Herald. He has also appeared on 200+ podcast and radio shows, and spoken to audiences of 2,000+ people. In 2019, James launched his own show, Win the Day with James Whittaker, available on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and more.
He is author of bestselling personal finance and motivation book The Beginner’s Guide to Wealth, named book of the month by Money Magazine for March 2010. His second book Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy was released in 2018 as the official companion to the multi-million-dollar film based on Napoleon Hill’s timeless classic. James is also a proud co-executive producer of the film.
Obsessed with what separates ordinary people from extraordinary achievers, James has interviewed more than 100 of the world’s most revered entrepreneurs, business icons and athletes to unlock their secrets to success, including venture capitalist and television personality Barbara Corcoran, property and sales expert Grant Cardone, and skateboarder turned business mogul Rob Dyrdek.
With a diverse entrepreneurial background, James has launched successful companies and products across a range of industries including health/fitness, film, activewear, social media and publishing. He is in demand internationally as a keynote speaker and is a frequent guest in media and on podcast shows.
James’ tertiary qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in English & Writing), a Bachelor of Business Management (majoring in Marketing & Real Estate), and an Advanced Diploma of Financial Services. He also completed an MBA at Hult International Business School in Boston, Massachusetts, and during this time he was the principal organizer, MC and mentor for numerous high-profile entrepreneurship events.
Aside from business interests, James enjoys writing, reading, travelling, surfing, snow skiing and keeping fit/healthy.
He is most passionate about helping people take ownership of their financial, physical and mental health.
Subscribe: Apple | Google | Spotify | Sticher | Buzzsprout
1- Write down your perfect destination in eight different categories and turn the goals into action plans
2 – Recognize your situation of pivoting is all part of the economic growth
3 – If you do not make the decision to win, you automatically make the decision to lose.
Sonia shares a couple of things about James
- He is a film producer
- A serious entrepreneur
- He has had businesses in the health and fitness industry
James shares a bit of his background
- He has got two books coming out with the Napoleon Hill Foundation in the next 12 months
What are the next two books called and what are they going to be about?
- The first book is coming out in September
- It is the original interview between Andrew Carnegie and Napoleon Hill
- It talks about self-discipline and how to respond to failure
Sonia talks about James’s last episode (five strategies to win)
- we have got the opportunity to reset and go forward again
- It is about digging deep and seeing things from a different perspective
James talks about strategies to win during the recession
- Success in business and anything in life has to do with basically applying rules, resources that you have to create a list of action items
- Advice from James to Entrepreneurs is that no matter how hard it gets, you can always go through it
What would be some of your advice about being proactive?
- It’s not about trying to get a world record every single day
- Consistency enables you to achieve massive things over time
- Wake up and write three things you are grateful for and three things that would make the day a win
What is your advice to people to help them reach their big goals?
- Write down your perfect destination in eight different categories
- Backtrack that perfect destination
- Take those goals and turn them into action items
What would be a little bit of guidance for people who are pivoting at the moment to help them look at their business with a different set of eyes?
- Recognize that situation of urgency
- Recognize it is all part of the economic growth
Is there any other sort of things on the horizon for you in 2020?
- He is organizing a podcast this week with more than 50 most successful entrepreneurs, podcasters and marketers around the world.
Is there anything else you would like to say to the viewers?
If you do not make the decision to win, you automatically make the decision to lose.
Empowering Resources For You From Us:
That’s 1 Hour of Sonia’s time + 3 Business Tools in PDF format to organise yourself, your staff and your social media + 3 Training Videos on how to use the PDF tools + 1 Business Coaching video to keep you focused and motivated! – Just register your name, email and contact number.