The Go-To Video Gal For Entrepreneurs Interview With Holly Gillen
Holly Gillen – Your Go To Video Gal
Holly empowers high performing leading lady entrepreneurs to save time on both sides of the camera & teaches them the skills they need to create not just video but Business Cinema™.
Business Cinema™ is the way she likes to describe the next level video. Not creating content for creating content, but creating videos that have a plan, a purpose and a strategy. Videos that move your business forward and have a bigger purpose.
Holly started her career video production in 2008 as a Camera Operator, Producer, and Editor working with big industry names including the Sundance Channel, Sony Music, Nick.com, HBO, Bono, Big Time Rush, Forest Whitaker and many others.
Her skills and experience run the full gamut from Producing and Directing to Shooting and Editing, and she has translated those skills into a range of educational courses and services to support high performing leading lady entrepreneurs in their quest for video stardom. www.hollygstudios.com
Subscribe: Apple | Google | Spotify | Sticher | Buzzsprout
Links to giveaway – https://www.hollygstudios.com/2020videoideas
1 – Rethink your video strategy if you can’t answer the what, why, who questions
2 – Make your videos and content on point with your brand
3 – Engage some sort of curiosity in the viewer right from the very beginning
Sonia talks a bit about Holly Gilliam
- Holly helps high performing female business owners by teaching them and giving them skills in and around creating not just a fabulous video but business cinema
Please explain to us what a business cinema is all about?
- Business cinema is the way that I like to describe the next level of video, so it is a video with a plan, purpose system and strategy
Could you give listeners here a little bit of context and a bit of your story?
- She started working professionally in the film industry back in 2008
- She freelanced as a camera operator, producer and editor
What would be your recommendations?
- Rethink your video strategy if you can’t answer the what, why, who questions
- Know your time budget
- Know the type of content you want to start with
What are your feelings around the “where?”
- Experimenting to decide which locations in your house are going to be the best locations to shoot bases on lighting and sound quality
- Keep it simple
- Make it on point with your brand
What are some tips to help with feeling foreign and a little bit of the imposter syndrome or just feeling uncomfortable looking at the camera?
- Look natural
- Use it to learn something new
What would you recommend for people like me who don’t just get the mojo happening, the rhythm of the pace and swimming in the pool
- Prepare with content
- Planning and pre-production
- Write scripts, bullet points and jot down notes
- Record like a month’s worth of videos at a time
What would be your tips for people who don’t like scripts?
- Figure out which you prefer
- Don’t feel the need to be perfect in every video
What would be your opinions around capturing someone’s attention?
- She recommends a script formula called thriller filler
- Engage some sort of curiosity in the viewer from the beginning
- Let your call to action build up a sense of reciprocity with the value that you delivered in such an amazing fashion.
How many calls to actions do you think someone would really need to give?
- Depending on if you are doing a live video or pre-recorded video
- In a live video, you definitely have to repeat yourself throughout the video
- In a pre-recorded video, she doesn’t recommend having a bunch of different calls to action.
Are there any additional tips that you would like to provide?
- Remember you are someone’s reason to smile
- Don’t give up
- Remember somebody’s waiting for you.
So tell us, Holly what is on the horizon for you in 2020?
- She has a free video challenge that she will be running in May
- It is called star to star and it is a 15 day free video challenge
So you have an offer for the listeners, so what is the offer?
- Holly has put together an idea workbook and it helps flesh out your ideas and gives you tons and tons of different ideas based on specific dates, monthly event and just general topics, themes and ideas for every month of 2020.
Empowering Resources For You From Us:
That’s 1 Hour of Sonia’s time + 3 Business Tools in PDF format to organise yourself, your staff and your social media + 3 Training Videos on how to use the PDF tools + 1 Business Coaching video to keep you focused and motivated!